Picture by: Transport Executive
When going through a move or relocation, it’s important to make sure you have everything you need. Creating a moving notebook that will list everything from names, addresses, disconnect and reconnect account numbers is a great start. One thing many people forget when moving is that anything can happen. Even when you or a family member are handling your things, having a box of items that are immediately accessible will go a long way. When you have a “take away” box, you won’t have to worry about unpacking anything else that day and can quickly get rooms together for a good night’s rest.
What’s in a moving notebook?
Real. Secure. Self Storage!
Brand New Self Storage from an Experienced Provider!Learn More...
- This should be created as soon as you know you’re moving.
- Any quotes from moving companies.
- All disconnect and reconnect confirmations, change of address confirmations.
- All numbers and contact information for old and new physicians, old and new schools, old and new car mechanics.
- Numbers of local food places you frequent.
- All receipts of items you purchased related to your move.
- Name and numbers for your favorite self storage facility.
- Anything else you feel is needed.
What’s in a take away box?
A take away box is a box that should travel with you as you are going to your new place. It should provide everything you need for the first couple of days in your new place without having to unpack.
- Sheets for every room. This is important. When you have sheets available, you can make the beds so that everyone will rest that evening without worrying about the time and unpacking. It definitely takes a lot of sleep stress away.
- Paper goods, napkins/paper towels and plastic utensils. This will take care of not needing plates, cups or utensils for a couple of days. Whatever you prepare or order out, you’ll have these items handy.
- Cooking utensils. This includes at least 2 pots and cooking spoons.
- Spices for your food, even if they are the small travel kind.
- Cereal, chips, drinks.
- Plastic trash bags.
- Tool set.
- Cleaning supplies for every room. Getting this taken care of as soon as the movers leave will have you in great shape for unpacking.
- Bathroom set. This includes the shower curtain, rugs, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet paper and any other toiletries you need. Having your entire bathroom set up for at least one bathroom will be a welcome sight for a weary family.
- Curtains or blinds for the windows.
- Contracts and important documents.
- Cords for items like the television and video game consoles for the kids (if applicable).
- A few days of clothing.
This is an important box to have, especially if something goes wrong with the movers. Unfortunate situations do happen and you want to be prepared. It’s the little things that count. Making your move as smooth as possible should be the first priority on your list. If you are having things delivered to a storage facility, this box will really be worth the time and effort it takes putting it together. Be proactive and make the transition effortless!
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe